Tuesday 20 May 2014

Fun with finials

   I have a box with lots of finials in it, just like these pictured above, all removed from some late 19c. bourgeois houses in France, where they graced the ends of heavy curtain poles.  They are beautifully carved and turned in hard woods and quite decorative.   I came across this idea for using them as hanging knobs, driven into walls for hanging bags, and clothes and thought what a good idea!  I can see them holding shopping bags, kitchen aprons by the back door, dog leads and walking sticks, by the front,  and in bathrooms for dressing gowns, shower caps and laundry bags, I have the D.I.Y instructions as well if you want to buy  -  I could send scans of the different patterns if you let me have your Email address.  Mine is dbaer@onetel.com  The finials are £3 each plus postage, many different styles and several pairs.   N.B. now sold all at the recent Rag Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment