Monday 1 June 2009

Little Treasure, much Pleasure



I found these little accessories for sewing and embroidery at the last Ilminster T4T Fair on April 1.. All beautifully packed and a delight to group round my sewing table. A small sliding tray filled with linen covered buttons, with a ribbon pull, a fascinating DCM book with masses of miniature cross stitch patterns for borders and many different alphabets and list of booklets for all kinds of needlework, a star shaped disc for linen thread and a funny little booklet with 'fancy' designs for the 'little ones' by Owbridges's Lung Tonic -hope it made the medicine go down! I bought them all for pocket money prices and will pass them on in due course at our American Museum T4T Textile Fair early September. If you want to come, contact me for the green free card invitation.

2 comments:

  1. fascinating, I love haberdashery myself, it all has a story to tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little divided tray of linen buttons is a delight!
    Niki

    ReplyDelete