Wednesday 13 February 2013

ITS ALL GO AT THIS RED

A view of a red and white room setting at Freshford, my previous home. All the decorations are from France and all are dyed with Rose Madder the cheapest and most effective dye after indigo blue. The red and whitelarge check is called Toile de Vichy and was much used to line bed pelmets and the backs of chairs upholstered with Toile de Jouy, and was a good way of continuing the colour scheme without too heavy a cost.
  Red and white quilts are always popular  and I know one lady who  has a collection of the many different named patterns as well as many other original ones and they make a great show.  I always like a collection that has a main theme and the owner usually has some very interesting history to tell as she has made a good study of the genre.

2 comments:

  1. The room looks wonderful.
    I would love to have some of the textiles in the red, mine are mainly blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I love a faded red and have recurring bits of it throughout my home.

    ReplyDelete