Sunday 10 May 2009

About Me

The first picture shows me putting finishes touches to some lace-edged fine linen in my workroom. I chose this as I wanted this blog website to be a personal one for those who share my passion for old French fabrics, who wish to buy and collect good examples, and who would also like to extend their knowledge of this rich and wonderful branch of domestic life. I intend to show photos of typical examples of the best I have seen in thirty years of searching and buying, and to pass on some of the knowledge and lore I have gained from the older French dealers I have known.
I hope it will be possible for you to visit me to see the huge stocks I have in the old wine vaults of my classic Georgian house. You can visit me any time by telephone appointment and I will be happy to show you how I have used many of the lesser known domestic linens for my furnishings and to help you plan for your own. The following 'posts' will describe some of the highlights of my trade as well as news of forthcoming events and good addresses for further sourcing. I like to share all this with my customers, both private and trade, so do keep downloading!

2 comments:

  1. I await more with baited breath! I am sure I remember reading about your love for French fabricsin The World of Interiors magazine a few years ago... I adore French antique textiles, I collect and sell them, and would love to see some of your favourite pieces in this blog. I shall follow it with great anticipation and interest, many thanks, Lois x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via French General's blog, such pleasure to explore. I will be back often.

    ReplyDelete