Tuesday 3 March 2009

Fine French Linens and Fabrics

If you love France with its wonderful countryside and fascinating history, follow me, a passionate admirer of the French way of life, and I will show you some of the treasures I have collected over the past thirty years, and pass on some of the lore and provenance that I have gathered from many of the old country dealers known as brocanteurs.

Sewing a Fine Seam. I introduce myself, as a 'vintage' textile and antiques dealer, with this picture of me working on some old linen. I am keen to re-cycle all this beautiful old stuff from the great armoires of French households, and it is all on sale by appointment in the 4 large wine vaults of our Georgian town house in Bradford on Avon, near Bath.


Because my unequalled and large stock is unique and of varying size, quality and colour, dating back to the 19th Century, I am not able to describe each piece fully and recommend you to pay me a visit (by appointment) to view and choose suitable pieces for your projects. You can see examples decorating my own classic house and I am very happy to advise and help you.



My fabrics have been used by top well known decorators and consultants for houses ranging from Shakespeare's Birthplace up to contemporary Trump Tower, NY. To view typical examples of my stock with approximate sizes and prices, go to my website http://www.elizabethbaertextiles.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment